Thursday 14 January 2010

This Is What The Blog Was For: Dawdling

Deadlines. Monday. Big Essay. Biggest of the Degree so far. 3000 short words for 70% of a module. Enquiring minds wanted to know what I was going to do with the rest of my life before. Now, one enquiring mind (maybe two, I can't remember if this gets double-marked) want to know what I think about Victorian Literature. I'm tapping out the draft, which will have all the important ideas in, probably in the wrong order and all in need of rephrasing. But I don't mind that, because the rephrasing bit makes me feel like an important speechwriter of some sort.

Needless to say as the essay deadline draws closer, I've got good at procrastinating. This morning I have already slept in, tided my room a bit and made a frankly indulgently complicated omlette. I have not yet opened my curtains. Red pepper, mushroom, garlic, bacon, cheddar. My omlette, not my curtains. Honestly, I should've submitted the omlette instead. The edge was slightly overdone, but it was at least a 2.1.

2 comments:

  1. No onions, sorry, that's a 2.2. Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should submit this blog post. Funnier than Trollop, less verbose than Eliot, and far more relevant to the zeitgeist than that tosser Dickens.
    I should point out that eating eggs is bad for you.

    ReplyDelete